Thursday, August 5, 2010

When blogland and the real world collide

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Robin of Fonville Farm . . . in real life!  As many of you know, it's a rare occasion when we actually get to meet our Flickr and blog friends in the real world.  This was definitely a special treat!  

Robin and I both participated in the Potholder Pass rounds 1 and 2, and we met online when I contributed to a quilt that a group of us made for her when she suffered an unexpected loss.  (For the full story about Robin's quilt, click here.)

Mr. Pin.Sew.Press. was kind enough to take a picture of us with Robin's gorgeous quilt.  See those nine mini pinwheels in the center?  They were made by me!  The other blocks were made by lovely and generous quilters from the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, and Norway.  The quilt was assembled, bound, and quilted by the wonderful and talented Amy of During Quiet Time.



Robin, it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope our paths cross again someday!

Happy sewing,
Mary

9 comments:

  1. what fun!! It is neat to meet a fellow blogger in real life. Last spring I found out one of my favorite bloggers lived just 5 minutes from me.It was fun to meet up in person and put a real face with her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how nice! It's makes me happy to see that picture. How did you come to meet with her? You don't live all that close together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that we decided to come here for vacation! It was so nice to meet you Mary! I can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt you two! I love how all the different blues, greens and neutrals come together for the perfect blend. The min pins make great sashing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt made special by beautiful bloggy friendships. Very neat you got to meet Robin.
    BTW I love the bug quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks beautiful and the best part of it is the story behind it! I like those teeny tiny pinwheels you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another chapter in the history of this heartwarming quilt. Great photograph, I'm so pleased you ladies met.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty quilt-and you guys match it ;) So cool that you go to meet also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! My block is in the third row down, third one in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails